Yesterday the tech news wags spent most of the day covering the Windows Phone 7 launch. Like most people I paid attention – well at first. Then I realized that there really wasn’t anything special to speak of. There wasn’t anything remarkable in the launch (unless you count the lack of cut and paste functionality). It was just a phone, that did what was expected – that’s not really all that interesting to me.
The major takeaways appear to be:
- HTC HD 7 version looks amazing
- when will Verizon carry it
- will developers care enough:
- there is a huge hill (read: market share) to climb
- what if this launch happened 2 years ago?